The PPPJ 2014 organizers propose two optional guided tours for individually registered conference participants for additional costs paid in cash during the registration:
* September 23, 2014, 2 p.m. – before the Welcome Reception – Rynek Underground Museum Guide (FLAG THE PROPER OPTION DURING THE REGISTRATION) – free of charge
Rynek Underground Museum - Underneath Cracow Main Square is an odyssey into past, brought to life centuries later by a group of archeologists. It is a sanctuary full of construction and architecture relics, stone paths with grooves worn by the wheels of wagons transporting goods in the times of the King Wladyslaw Lokietek, the oldest brick constructions of trading buildings, ornaments, coins, any many other objects lost or left here on purpose by the ones visiting this place ages ago. At the same time it is a place where the magic atmosphere is created by modern technology offering a visitor a different perspective on the confrontation with history and monuments.
You can download the Situation Plan of the Cellars here.
* September 23, 2014, 7 p.m. – WELCOME RECEPTION at “Pastele” Restaurant (Szlak 67 street)
* September 25, 2014, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. - RETRO TRAM TOUR around Old Town and Kazimierz District (Politechnika tram stop)
2. Dworzec Główny
3. Basztowa LOT
4. Teatr Bagatela
6. Cichy Kącik
9. Pl. Wszystkich Świętych
12. Pl. Wolnica
* September 25, 2014, 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. - CONFERENCE GALA DINNER at “Ogniem i Mieczem” Restaurant (Serkowskiego 7 Square)
Our Gala Dinner will take place in Ogniem i mieczem restaurant on Serkowskiego 7 square. The restaurant is modeled on the traditions of the First Polish Republic serving typical dishes of Polish cuisine. Great atmosphere allows even for a moment to move to the times of the heroes of Sienkiewicz’s Trilogy.
The restaurant characteristic can be downloaded from here.
* September 26, 2014, 3.30 p.m. – after the conference – Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour – cost 90 PLN paid in cash at the conference reception (FLAG THE PROPER OPTION DURING THE REGISTRATION)
Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour - is one of the most eagerly visited tours sites in Poland. During the centuries the Mine developed into an extensive underground city, misterious and unique. For years it has inspired admiration and awe towards the powers of nature and faculties of man.
The two-kilometer-long Tourist Route takes you to:
- Unique chamber with visible trace of the actual exploition preserved with a collection of mining machines and quipment
- Salt lakes
- Chapels with unique salt sculptures and bas-relieves with the world’s most beautiful Chapel of St. Kinga, situated 101 meters under the ground.
The price includes: transport by air-conditioned coach, private guide in the Salt Mine, courier, entrance ticket, insurance, guaranteed seating. Duration: 4 – 4,5 hours.
Below you can find a short overview movie about the Salt Mine.